WanStaX Network Interface Device
Our WanStaX Network Interface Device (NID) packages provide all the software equipment manufacturers need to support all the functional requirements for MEF transport and service NIDs.
Our portfolio has been designed to run on all Microsemi WDS3 and WDS4 reference hardware platforms utilising the flexibility and power of the WinPath.
Using the OpenFlow interface it is possible to extend the functionality of the solution to support standard layer 3 link state and distance vector routing protocols. WanStaX optionally contains a micro OpenFlow controller that runs on the target board providing support for OSPF, RIP, BGP, ISIS and LDP via the Quagga networking routing software suite.
- Full Service and Transport NID support
- Type 1.2, 2.1 and 2.2 NID solutions are available
- Full OAM support (with hardware acceleration) , 802.3ah, 802.1ag, MEF 13, MEF 20, Y.1731 and 802.1AX
- Full VLAN 802.1Q support
- Support for E-Line/E-Tree and E-LAN as specified in MEF 6.1
- Comprehensive QoS support
- Traffic policing and shaping MEF 10.2
- Ethernet Linear Protection G.8031
- MPLS-TP G.8131
- Sync E and IEEE 1588v2 support
- Ethernet demarcation NID MEF 12.1.1
- Mobile backhaul