Software Defined Networking (SDN) is an emerging network architecture where network control is decoupled from forwarding and is directly programmable.
The flexibility and high throughput of Microsemi’s WinPath Network processor portfolio makes it an ideal technology choice for network elements that customers need to be ‘SDN Ready’.
Our WanStaX software portfolio includes the necessary features to support OpenFlow-based forwarding, in parallel with ‘traditional’ network architectures which makes it easy for enterprises and carriers to progressively introduce OpenFlow based SDN technologies when WanStaX is deployed.
- OpenFlow-Hybrid switch
- All OpenFlow 1.3.1 mandatory features supported
- Integration with EOAM, CFM and LAG
- VLAN and PBB support
- Quality of Service and PCP/DSCP remark support
- Advanced metering support
- NETCONF OFConfig-1.2 supported.
- Additional Support for fixed TTP models.
- Microsemi’s WinPath network processor family including WinPath3, WinPath3SL and WinPath4 running the latest WDDI API